Friday, February 12, 2010

Unterman: Protecting Georgia’s Children

Sen. Renee Unterman (R-Buford) released the following statement today regarding the sexual exploitation of Georgia’s children:

“I have worked tirelessly for years to protect the children of Georgia from predatory and despicable acts of sexual exploitation and prostitution. I’m severely disappointed and personally insulted that conservative groups I have worked with and supported have chosen to misrepresent all the work I have put into protecting Georgia’s children.

As bills progress through the legislative process, adjustments are made. Senate Bill 304 focuses on providing a system of care to ensure that the innocent victims of child prostitution get the help they need. I am confident that through a continued partnership with ‘A Future. Not a Past.’, we can stop child prostitution in Georgia and nationally. We cannot wait another second to end the victimization of our children.”

No comments: