Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Flood victims can replace damaged food stamp supplies

Anyone who lost food supplies obtained with Georgia food stamps as a result of the September 18 - 26 flooding can get replacement provisions by visiting their local Georgia Department of Human Services (DHS) Division of Family and Children Services (DFCS) office.

Citizens in any of the affected counties (Bartow, Carroll, Catoosa, Chattooga, Cherokee, Cobb, Coweta, Crawford, DeKalb, Douglas, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Heard, Newton, Paulding, Rockdale, Stephens and Walker) should contact their local DFCS office or call 1-800-869-1150 to receive replacement food stamp benefits (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program – SNAP). Recipients will be required to sign an affidavit stating their food loss was flood-related to have their benefits restored.

Community News You Can Use
Georgia Front Page
Fayette Front Page
Arts Across Georgia

No comments: